August 14, 2021 at 2:23 ampanqueSubscriber
Hello everyone, I am having problems when applying loads on a node using Mechanical APDL 2021 R2, what I am doing is as follows:
First I create a spring element type then I assign a real constant, after this I model two nodes and create an element, when applying a displacement there is no problem but when applying a load there is warning (see attached image).August 20, 2021 at 3:49 pmDave LoomanAnsys EmployeePerhaps the model is not constrained and that's why an applied displacement works. If a node has no stiffness, as would be the case in an unconstrained model, the node is removed. Is the node at the other end of the spring constrained? I'm assuming you aren't using any select commands that would have unselected the node.
August 22, 2021 at 3:55 pmpanqueSubscriberHi, thanks for replying, actually the model is well constrained. Im working on version 2021 R1 right now and it's working fine, but I have been unable to make it work on version 2021 R2. I have seen around the web the same problem but so far no solution. Thank you.
November 24, 2021 at 5:28 amsugandhaSubscriberHello
I am facing the same problem in R2 version. The point load on a particular keypoint/node is not working. Is it an error in the version or some procedure that we need to follow.
January 12, 2022 at 4:22 pmmjmmjmSubscriberI am finding that the line or node selection does not work
I am hoping there is a correction to this available because without being able to apply loads or constraints Ansys is unusable
Viewing 4 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Fused deposition modelling , part simulation for residual stress
- Symmetry model
- Membrane element problem in soft pnuematic actuator (artificial muscle)
- What is incompressible material and what the examples of incompressible materials?
- Why the stresses from shell elements are higher or lower than the stresses from solid elements
- Convergence issue in non linear problem
- /Contour Function on Mechanical APDL
- Why am I getting the “the requested S data is not available the PLNSOL command is ignored” warning
- How to 3D print impact tested materials
- Why is the deflection for my analytical solution not matching ANSYS results
Top Rated Tags