Structural Mechanics

Structural Mechanics

Mechanical APDL 2021 R2 LOAD ERROR

• panque
      Subscriber

Hello everyone, I am having problems when applying loads on a node using Mechanical APDL 2021 R2, what I am doing is as follows:

First I create a spring element type then I assign a real constant, after this I model two nodes and create an element, when applying a displacement there is no problem but when applying a load there is warning (see attached image).

• Dave Looman
      Ansys Employee
      Perhaps the model is not constrained and that's why an applied displacement works. If a node has no stiffness, as would be the case in an unconstrained model, the node is removed. Is the node at the other end of the spring constrained? I'm assuming you aren't using any select commands that would have unselected the node.
    • panque
      Subscriber
      Hi, thanks for replying, actually the model is well constrained. Im working on version 2021 R1 right now and it's working fine, but I have been unable to make it work on version 2021 R2. I have seen around the web the same problem but so far no solution. Thank you.
    • sugandha
      Subscriber
      Hello
      I am facing the same problem in R2 version. The point load on a particular keypoint/node is not working. Is it an error in the version or some procedure that we need to follow.

Thanks Sugandha
    • mjmmjm
      Subscriber
      I am finding that the line or node selection does not work
      I am hoping there is a correction to this available because without being able to apply loads or constraints Ansys is unusable

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.