June 21, 2018 at 6:05 pmWantedmania89Subscriber
Recently when I'm trying to save my ANSYS project on the 18.2 version I'm faced with the following error and the save process fails:
"System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown."
This never happened to me before while I've been working on the same version of ANSYS using Fluent for a long time now.
I thought this is a memory problem, so I tried clearing unused RAM, restarting ANSYS Workbench, or even restarting the computer with no success!
Did anyone encounter such an error before or knows some solution to it?
Thanks in advance,
July 13, 2018 at 8:05 pmJakeCAnsys Employee
That error could be caused by a few different things.
1) You could be running out of memory, as the error states. If possible try opening the project on a machine with more RAM, make a change, and resave. Try and close down as much as possible, and watch the memory usage in task manager to see if it approaches the limit.
2) If you are saving the project to a network drive, please try saving it locally instead, and please be sure there is 2x the amount of disk disk space to complete the save.
3) Possible corruption in the project. I would suggest making a copy of your project, open the copy, delete a single system one at a time and try resaving after each deletion. This may reveal a corrupted system. You may also be able to duplicating a corrupted system and see if it gets re-written properly. Worst case, you may need to rebuild that one system.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- License Error
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.