Fluids

Fluids

Mention Watt as boundary condition in Ansys Fluid Flow Fluent

• rohandoijode
      Subscriber

Hi

I'm beginner to this tool. 

I need to simulate a cold plate to find pressure drop, temperature drop, hot spots on surface of cold plate. Heat zones have been mentioned in the reference file below. 

Link for STEP file

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DQ0mhjS-Ru1i63imEu5bxMf45v88hLeX

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Staff are not permitted to open/download attachments so please post images.  I think you want to set a thermal condition on the model wall: do some of the tutorials bundled in the documentation (click on Help in Fluent and go to the "top" of the Fluent manuals) to see how it's done. 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

At walls you can provide temperature (Dirichlet) Heat flux (Neumann) or Mixed (Robin) type of boundaries. Heat Flux has the dimension W/m^2. If you have the total heat flox applied (Watt) just divide it be the area of the wall in question and provide the flux for that wall. 

As Suggested by rwoolhou: Start doing some tutorials and then start looking into your problem. Doing so you will much better learning curve!

• rohandoijode
      Subscriber

This is all have to impose on boundary conditions.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

OK, so now compare what you know with available wall thermal options. What about the other sections of the plate & other side of the domain? 

• rohandoijode
      Subscriber

The other side is flat surface and no heat flux on that side.

• rohandoijode
      Subscriber

This is what I have generated results.

How do I proceed simulating an animation for these where the heat flux is acting and heat is dissipated into water ?

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Animation because you are doing transient run? 

• rohandoijode
      Subscriber

Yes Sir

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You need to save data at regular intervals in Fluent, and then use the animation tools in CFD Post. These are significantly improved in 2019Rx, is there a reason for using older software? 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

You can create animations in Fluent by using the new feature: In the Ribbon go to Solution>Activities>Create Solution Animation. Check the help for more information! 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.