Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Merge bodies so there are no Contact Regions

• cmoreno98
      Subscriber

Hello everybody,

I have the following mesh of a T-junction:

There are a total of 4 solids and 3 contact regions between them. When I export the mesh (.msh file), these contact regions are treated as boundaries and I don't want them to be boundaries. I want the whole T-junction to be a single body (just inlets, outlet and walls as boundaries).

Is there a way to merge the 4 solids (once the mesh is done)? Or to eliminate the contact regions? Sorry if it is a simple question, I'm new to ANSYS. I'm using ANSYS Workbench Academic Student 2019 R3.

Thank you beforehand,

Carlos.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Open the Geometry in DesignModeler. In the Outline on the left, at the bottom, you will see 4 Parts, 4 Bodies and the four solid body icons at the end.

Select all four bodies, right mouse click and Form New Part.  Now it will say 1 Part, 4 Bodies.  This is now a multibody part and the mesher will use shared nodes at the three interfaces to connect the elements in a conformal mesh.

Refresh and update the Mesh.  In Mesh, under the Contacts folder, delete all the contacts.

If this answers your question, please click Is Solution while you are logged in to mark this Discussion Solved.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

here is link about share topology. 

Regards,

Keyur

If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

• cmoreno98
      Subscriber

It works!

Thank you very much.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.