Fluids

Fluids

Mesh adaption by aspect ratio field variable

• Lugia_06
      Subscriber

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to selet the cell region only by the range of aspect ratio and only adapt in x direction?

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Bulk (far from walls ) adaption will always be isotropic. Anisotropic adaption is available but this require the surface/wall where to start from.n
    • Lugia_06
      Subscriber
      nThank you for your reply. Another point quite sure about is how to create a register by aspect ratio. Under field value of mesh, it does not seem to have that option, is there any alternative option combinations that could do the same?nBest regards,nLugia_06n
    • Lugia_06
      Subscriber
      Where can we find the anisotropic adaption on ansys 2020 R1(or later)?n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      In the same menu nn
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      The anisotropic adaption will be much more powerful in the next upcoming release! Stay tuned.n
    • Lugia_06
      Subscriber
      Thank you !n
    • Lugia_06
      Subscriber
      and everyone,nI am trying to refine an 2D oulet zone(region_1) in x direction to lower the aspect ratio of the cells right next to the axis. However, the ansys tutorial 38.4.1. Limitations of Anisotropic Adaption (https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v201/en/flu_ug/x1-191300028.9.1.html) says this is only allowed for 3D. Is there a way to adapt a 2D quad cells?nBest regards,nLugia_06n
    • Lugia_06
      Subscriber
      Will there be 2D anisotropic adaption function in the next release of Fluent? When is the release date? I am looking forward to it!n
    • Lugia_06
      Subscriber
      Is there any alternatives for 2D anisotropic adaption in Fluent? All I need to do is just changing the aspect ratio in the outlet cell zone, but the mesh module always gives unstructural mesh around the corner of the outlet orifice or far back at the inlet zone. I used face meshing for the whole geometry and edge sized the outlet bit, could anyone explain why the quad mesh disabled at the orifice fillet and how I should fix this issue? From the look of it the edge sizing at the outlet should not be related to the orifice right?nOutlet element size 9e-6 mnOutlet element size 8e-6mnn
    • Lugia_06
      Subscriber
      For the element size I meant the outlet element size in x directionn
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.