Fluids

Fluids

Mesh adaption with inflated boundaries

• Mohamed_Wael_Badawy
      Subscriber

Dear sir,

I am simulating the motion of a droplet in a micro-channel where the droplet dynamics is highly dependent on the thin layer of fluid between the interface and the wall boundaries. 

I am trying to use VOF mesh adaption while i am using inflated mesh near the boundaries. However, I am always facing the problem of having a layer of non-adapted mesh between the inflated layers and the adapted zone. I have tried to separate the inflated mesh zone and retry the mesh adaption but i got the same results. I would like to know if there is a method that can successfully adapt the mesh according to the VOF in the vicinity of the inflated mesh zone.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      What is cell count? nStudent version has limit of 512K cells. nIs this full hex mesh? Do you see similar behavior with tet mesh? nWhat is criteria used for adaption? nRegards,nKeyurnHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentnHow to show full resolution imagenGuidelines on the Student CommunitynHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student Communitynn
    • Mohamed_Wael_Badawy
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your reply. I am using VOF gradient adaptionn I FINALLY managed to overcome this issue, I changed the minimum orthogonality ratio in the advanced mesh adaption to zero and it worked!nn
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      nGood .. you have been in this issue for a while!n
    • Mohamed_Wael_Badawy
      Subscriber
      Array Yes Finally :Dn
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.