May 19, 2022 at 1:23 pmNavsingSubscriber
I'm simulating droplet impaction upon a structured surface. I have modelled only a quarter of the domain to reduce simulation time.
I tried to patch a droplet at the symmetry plane using region cell registry, however the mesh at the interface of the droplet appears to be distorted compared to the rest of the domain.
This problem is affecting my results and cannot seem to solve this issue. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.May 19, 2022 at 3:00 pmRobForum ModeratorIf you put an iso-surface through the domain about halfway up the droplet how does the mesh look? Patch can't alter the mesh, but I also don't know how you've built it.
May 19, 2022 at 3:14 pmMay 19, 2022 at 3:17 pmNavsingSubscriberSorry for the posts. Wouldn't show up on my side
May 19, 2022 at 3:37 pmRobForum ModeratorDon't worry, the site's not loading well this side either. I'll do some tidying.
Other than not knowing how you've got a hex surface mesh & core with a tet layer that looks fine. The distortion on the droplet is mesh related, and shouldn't be anything to worry about. In Fluent when you patch VOF use the smoothing options (bottom left of the patch panel).
May 19, 2022 at 9:37 pmNavsingSubscriberThats fine. I think I've solved the issue. I used hex core meshing instead of hex dominant which gave me that tet layer. And will do.
May 20, 2022 at 1:31 pmRobForum ModeratorDon't use hex-dominant method. It's for Mechanical and the mesh quality is generally awful. Hex-core or poly-hexcore (Fluent Meshing) are usually pretty good, but for VOF I tend to use pure poly mesh to avoid any jumps in cell size at the free surface.
Viewing 6 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.