Preprocessing

Preprocessing

mesh by id

Tagged: 

• ThePhontyfex
      Subscriber
      hi guys, i have a problem with export of hexahedral mesh elements. To export this data I use select mesh from ID-> elements-> 1- (all). When I open the generated file, I have in the line the number of nodes belonging to the single element. However, the arrangement of these nodes is random to me, so I wanted to ask you if there is a way to always start it from the same position, for example if we imagine all Hex8 elements, start from the bottom left node.n
    • Rahul Kumbhar
      Ansys Employee
      Altough the node number looks random, the arrangement of node is not random in the output file. They are arranged in sequence such that element can be defined as described here:nWhat is the purpose of export of mesh element. If you let us know, we may suggest if any other better approach available.n-RahulnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumnn
    • Samir Kadam
      Ansys Employee
      Hello Array,nThanks a lot for connecting with us via Ansys Learning Forum. nRegarding your query about node numbering for an element, the node numbering per element is really just relative to each other on that same element. There is no rule which node is going to be i except that from that node there is a rule to know which node is j etc. nSo to summarize this, there's no criteria that can be stated for how node i is chosen. nI hope this helps. Please let me know if you have more questions. nRegards,nSamir.nHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
    • ThePhontyfex
      Subscriber
      thank you both for answering me. nWhat I want to do is aggregate 8 neighboring hex8 elements, two in each direction, to create an element that has 27 nodes. thus, 8 elements result in an H27 element whose nodes in the element matrix must have specific positions. By exporting the matrix of nodes I need to know where they are.n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.