General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Mesh Connections?

• Mahmoud_Darwish
      Subscriber
      Dear All,

I have a model and contact the parts each others by mesh connection but I am asking how to check the parts that
      have not been contacted (The parts that doesn't have a connections with other)?
      Best Regards
    • Vigneswaran Sridharan
      Ansys Employee
      Hi I don't understand your question completely. If you are looking for something related to the contact tool:
      There are two places to put a Contact Tool.
      1) Under the Connections folder in the model where the Contacts are defined.
      2) Under the Solution folder where the contact Results are plotted.
      Using a Contact Tool under the Connections folder helps assure that the contacts have been correctly defined and are operating correctly.It is helpful to get this information before you wait an hour or more to get a solution, but you can look at the results and determine that the contacts are working correctly without performing Evaluate Initial Contact Status.
      Vigneswaran
      Ansys Help
      Rules & Guidelines ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum
    • Mahmoud_Darwish
      Subscriber
      Thank u for your replay
      the parts is connected by mesh connection not by contact tools so the solution no.1 is not fesable
      and i need to check the connection before the analysis of the solution so also solution No.2 is also not feasble

• Vigneswaran Sridharan
      Ansys Employee
      Hi I still don't understand what you mean by 'part is connected by mesh connection'.
      Please find the below topic for your reference:
      Connecting Parts Together - ANSYS Innovation Courses
      Vigneswaran
      Ansys Help
      Rules & Guidelines ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum

• Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

One of the option is perform a modal analysis and check the parts with rigid body motion.

Regards Ashish Khemka
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.