September 29, 2022 at 4:05 amMariah HaSubscriber
I would like to ask if in Charge I can set the mesh constraint on a very small object to 0.005 , while the delimitations of the mesh in the solver are "min =0.01 and max=2". I mean is it possible if the mesh constraint is not within the range, because I would like to avoid that the solver applies the 0.005 mesh size on other objects as well in case I set " min=0.005 and max=2".
I need to limit the mesh as possible as I can due to machine requirements.
September 29, 2022 at 4:55 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
This is what the constraint mesh does. It specifies the max edge length in the region.
For the background mesh, it does not strictly enforce the min edge length specified. The finite element meshing begins from the max edge length, with constraints of mesh quality and iteration limit. It gradully refines the mesh with certain rules, based on doping, geomery, contact/active region etc.
To reduce memory requirement, you can also consider larger max edge length if there is large bulk material. also you can reduce the triangle quality ans sensitivity.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.