Photonics

Photonics

Mesh constraint step vs global mesh step in Charge

• Mariah Ha
      Subscriber

Hi , 

I would like to ask if in Charge I can set the mesh constraint on a very small object to 0.005 , while the delimitations of the mesh in the solver are "min =0.01 and max=2". I mean is it possible if the mesh constraint is not within the range, because I would like to avoid that the solver applies the 0.005 mesh size on other objects as well in case I set " min=0.005 and max=2".

I need to limit the mesh as possible as I can due to machine requirements.

Thanks.

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

This is what the constraint mesh does. It specifies the max edge length in the region.

For the background mesh, it does not strictly enforce the min edge length specified. The finite element meshing begins from the max edge length, with constraints of mesh quality and iteration limit. It gradully refines the mesh with certain rules, based on doping, geomery, contact/active region etc.

To reduce memory requirement, you can also consider larger max edge length if there is large bulk material. also you can reduce the triangle quality ans sensitivity.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.