General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Mesh Convergence

• Marcos Garcia
      Subscriber

Hello all. Im meshing a big geometry with different parts every connected by bolted connection.

Because of that, all the structure has holes, the mesh Convergence is really difficult because there are stress concentrator in the holes.

How could i do a mesh Convergence in this case? I was checking the mesh quality and it is at 85% on average.

Could you suggest me another kind of method to check how accurate are my result according to the mesh? (The computacional time for every simulation is 5-6h)

Thanks in advance.

• Ankush Choudhary
      Subscriber

Hi, The accuracy of mesh-based results can be verified by comparing averaged and unaverged values. Please watch the video below.

">

• Marcos Garcia
    Subscriber

Thanks for the information. I was checking the video and putting all in comparison with my model. 

Another problem that i have are the corners, these are not fillet and they have 90° so these places are another stress concentrator. In addition, i have a big model to simulate and the fine refinements are not possible because of the computacional time and RAM available. 

As I can't chech this values, average and Unaverage stress in these places because it change with every refinement, I'm thinking about refine the mesh in this zone where the stress has the maximum levels and get the result in the surrounding area.

Thanks in advance 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.