Fluids

Fluids

Mesh Defeaturing when Decreasing Element Size

• psayasith
      Subscriber

Hello,

When I change the element size for my mesh from 2E-4 m to 1E-4 m I get this defeaturing issue. The bottom image is 1E-4m; I thought the smaller element size would increase the amount of detail instead of truncating my volume. The element size in my body fitted cartesian was the only thing I changed between these two. What could be causing my mesh to do this?

Thank you

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      So you are saying as you change element size, geometry is changed. This is not possible. nPlease check if you have changed the geometry in SpaceClaim. nOr please check if you have any section plane on. Please switch OFF section plane. nPlease go through help manual for more details nRegards,nKeyurnHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentnHow to show full resolution imagenGuidelines on the Student CommunitynHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student Communityn
    • psayasith
      Subscriber
      I don't think the geometry is being changed so much as there has been an error in defeaturing. When I click on the surface of the mesh, I see in green the underlying geometry, but the mesh looks completely different.nn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      How big is the geometry? Ie domain length and channel cross section. n
    • psayasith
      Subscriber
      Z axis is 46 cm, x is 1 cm and y is 2 cm. Each channel is 1 cm by 1 cm. n
    • psayasith
      Subscriber
      I misspoke, the z axis is correct, but the channels are 0.5 cm by 0.5 cm. I gave the dimensions of my model as opposed to the volume. n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Can you check you changed the size setting and not the defeaturing setting? Please double check the dimensions in Meshing: mm and m can get scrambled if you imported the model from CAD. n
    • psayasith
      Subscriber
      Here's the element size I'm using currently. Any smaller element size than this causes that defeaturing issue. I also doublechecked the dimensions of my shape in space claim and they matched the original design I'd made in Autodesk Inventor. n
    • psayasith
      Subscriber
      I haven't received a response in a few days, so I'm bumping. n
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.