April 14, 2022 at 6:00 amsujethSubscriber
I tried to mesh this model and gave element size as 10 mm & transition as slow & span angle as fine. Then the meshed model had huge no. of element around some 80 lakhs and couldn't able to solve.
Please provide me some meshing ideas and details to reduce my element size without compromising the accurate results.
Do I have to scale down or something else?
Also what elements to use kinda details.April 14, 2022 at 7:36 amVigneswaran SridharanAnsys EmployeeHey You could use linear/higher-order hexahedral elements for sweepable bodies. This should give you comparatively lesser elements and good accuracy." target="blank">
Check out this video on Analyzing thin Strucutes efficiently
Rules & Guidelines ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum
April 14, 2022 at 8:45 amViewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags