Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Mesh element

• nevertrust
      Subscriber

I have a problem to understand how ansys workbench generate number of element after providing mesh size element?

If i have a model of 1m X 1m X 1m (length X breathX height) and i provide element size as 0.5m then my total number of element for model is 8. may be i am wrong.

I have a model of 3mX2mX0.3m ( length X height X width) if i provide  0.3m element size on that model (explict Dynamic).  My problem is how it will divide my model to provide number of element? specially from height part

if we have a calculation

2/0.3 we get 6.66.

Do we have other method to apply mesh size to remove error?

Waiting for your response.

Thank you

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You'll not get part elements, the meshing tool will adjust the cell size to fit into the domain with full cells. What error are you seeing/worried about?

• nevertrust
      Subscriber

Thank you for your help. 

I was worry about part elements and now i understand I  got error because of large element size.  in above case can we consider our element size is  0.3m for all elements?

Thank you.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Have a look at the hard and soft size settings. In terms of cell size, we also look at mesh resolution: do you have enough cells to calculate the stress/strain/bendiness etc you're going to observe? You could use 0.3m sizing giving 10 x 7 x 1 cells but it may not be sufficiently resolved. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.