June 10, 2022 at 6:58 amSidrahSubscriberI am using Ansys Sherlcok for petrformance prediction of my PCB. I ran all the analyses they were doing fine unless today I chnaged the package of DB9 cinnector.Now I am getting error saying "Mesh edge from (x1, y1) to (x2,y2) is not associated with any faces".I am getting tghis eeor in several analyses (Thermal Mech, Rando Vbe, Natural Freq....).Please tell me what does this error mean? Is this error associated with packagae type? And what is the way out from this error?Thanks in advance.Note: The error is showing multiple coordinates I just used dummy values in terms of x &y.
August 9, 2022 at 3:47 pmSean HarveyAnsys Employee
There are 2 possibilities, maybe you are using an older version of Sherlock such as 2020 R1 or earlier which it uses Sherlock’s legacy mesh. If not can you change the mesh size slightly and that can help fix the issue.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.