Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Mesh generation

• Eng1989
      Subscriber

Hi ,

I am facing an issue that i am trying to do a uniform meshing. i have disabled the advanced size function to " adaptive"  and i am  getting a high skewness on the pipes sides. Can you advise how  i can solve this issue.  

I have attached the archive file 

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

I looked into your geometry and it's really long domain you have. You should simplify your geometry by reducing the size of the soil face or using a symmetry BC.

But coming back to your problem with the mesh, you would have to slice your geometry so that when you mesh, there won't be any issues. And your geometry is quite simple and you can easily create an "all-quad" mesh by performing a few slice operations. Attached is the workbench archive file in which the geometry has been sliced. You can now add edge sizing to it.

• Eng1989
      Subscriber

Thank you very much raul

Can you please share how i can do slice in Ansys

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

The file I had attached in the previous post shows the "Planes" and "Slices" that were made on your geometry. Just go through it and see if you can understand it. If you don't understand it, I can attach some pictures that might help you understand it better. Refer the following youtube video on how to slice a geometry in general:

Ansys Design Modeler - Slice - Basic Tutorial

• Eng1989
      Subscriber

Hi Raul,

i appreciate if you can share some pictures show me the slicing in 2d geometry. i have tried to create more than plane every 100 meter  offset from x-axis. and then apply the slice option but as shows in below picture. the slice does not work. can you please help. also, i have checked the Youtube all tutorials are for 3d geometry. 

Also, In your file plane 4 & 5 are the same , plane 6 is same but in different offset , plane 7 ,8 are created with rotation. i still ido not understand. is it ok to make it more simple by creating a plane with an offset 50 meters and then slice since the geometry is 2D   

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

The slice is created by the XY plane of the Plane, so to slice horizontally, you have to have Z of the Plane pointing up, and to slice vertically, you have to have Z of the Plane horizontal.

Planes 4 and 5 in Rahul's file are not the same, zoom in and you will see they are on the top and bottom of the InnerWall body.

There is no difference slicing a solid or a surface.

• Eng1989
      Subscriber

Hi Peter,

Thx Peter, Can you please share with me a guideline or tutorial regarding that.  

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.