May 13, 2022 at 5:09 pmMohamedNabilSubscriber
Dear, I have a very important question for us about the mesh in Ansys in general and in Maxwell specifically.
.We need to couple Ansys electronics desktop XX to another homemade python code.
1) we would like to assign a fixed mesh to a case study.
2) we will use the mesh elements to assign the material in each mesh element.
3) the material is different between the mesh elements e.g. air, iron, PM.
4) we will use the mesh element to get outputs e.g. flux density, losses, etc
I searched to find a solution for this but i cannot, this is why i'm asking here.
Could you please help us?
Thanks in advance!
MohamedMay 16, 2022 at 4:00 pmNavya CAnsys EmployeeHi @MohamedNabil I did not understand what you want to achieve exactly. But below is my response to your points as per my understanding.
1) we would like to assign a fixed mesh to a case study. - Yes you can assign a fixed mesh.
2) we will use the mesh elements to assign the material in each mesh element. - This is what maxwell almost does.
3) the material is different between the mesh elements e.g. air, iron, PM. - Yes, Mawell also assigns different materials to the mesh elements as per the material definition.
4) we will use the mesh element to get outputs e.g. flux density, losses, etc - Yes you can get the flux density values in maxwell at each mesh node by using the field calculator.
May 17, 2022 at 2:46 pmMohamedNabilSubscriberImagine that we have a rectangular geometry. I would like to mesh this rectangular with a fixed mesh number. Then assume we have 100 mesh element, i would like to assign some of them to be air, steel or PM material. I solve the problem, then based on the solution, i will change the material of the mesh elements. How can i do this?
May 18, 2022 at 4:27 pmmbeliaevAnsys Employeethis is not possible in Maxwell. You can assign material only to geometrical objects.
May 19, 2022 at 7:55 amMohamedNabilSubscriberThanks for your answer. To make sure that my question is clear, I want to do topology optimization for electric machines. Hence, I would like to have an unconstrained domain for optimization. this is why, I would like to make a meshed region e.g. for the rotor and vary the material in this region based on the mesh elements.
I known from a colleague that Abaqussoftware can do this job. But we donot have Abaqusand we have Ansys Maxwell. It is very important to me to know how can I do the topology optimization based on Maxwell. what is the limitations?
Viewing 4 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Error while solving Optimetrics
- Concept of Interpolation Sweep in HFSS
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.