July 5, 2021 at 3:08 pmgioelegSubscriber
I would like to export e.g. the strain energy results of a simulation in Ansys Mechanical, and I know how to do it; you can simply export a text file which contains the element number of the mesh and its corresponding strain energy value.
The thing which instead I am not able to do is to export like a similar file for the mesh, where the same elements are linked to their position with respect to the coordinate system.
Is there a way to do this?
I would like to export these information to then work on them on Matlab. Hope someone could help me!
Thank you in advance.
GioeleJuly 6, 2021 at 6:04 amJuly 8, 2021 at 9:35 amgioelegSubscriber
Yes thank you very much, that is exactly what I am looking for!
Anyway I can only get the node coordinates when I export the total displacement, whereas when I am exporting the strain energy I do not get them... is it normal or there is something I can do about it?
Thanks again in advance.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.