Fluids

Fluids

Mesh interface nodes in CFD Post show as zero-velocity?

• fzigunov
      Subscriber

Hi,

I'm using Fluent 2021 to simulate a mesh with 2 zones that have different mesh sizes, connected by a face with a "bonded" mesh interface. The face is also assigned to an "interior" Boundary Condition, and the solution converges to a result that is sensible (i.e., there's a pressure gradient through this interface, and flow forms through it).

Examining the solution in Ansys Fluent, the velocity field is continuous through the interface, as you can see in the figure below:

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Please rely in this on Fluent and look into the Limitation in CFD-Post when reading Fluent results including NCI.
    • fzigunov
      Subscriber
      Hi, DrAmine, thanks for the response. I didn't understand it, though, can you elaborate? What is an NCI? What is that limitation in CFD post that I'm supposed to be looking into? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the acronyms you're using, but this sounds very vague to me. Can you refer to a page in the manual or a link?
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      NCI - non conformal interface.
      Have a look in the CFD Post documentation. There's a list somewhere of limitations when dealing with Fluent data sets. This is why we generally post process in Fluent.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.