December 6, 2020 at 8:33 amvvisheshSubscriber
I have been doing static structural analysis of my roll-cage (ATV) using 1D mesh. The mesh formed was basically segments of the tube that I have used for my roll-cage. There were no errors during meshing but when I checked the different options in mesh metrics such as element quality, aspect ratio etc, I observed that all of the values were 0 by default. I am unable to understand why did it happen so because when I had analyzed the roll-cage using 2D mesh elements I was able to get non zero values for the same. Can anyone help me out with it?December 6, 2020 at 3:01 pmpeteroznewmanSubscribern2D and 3D elements can be checked using various mesh quality metrics. There is the concept of an ideal shape, for example a square is the perfect four node shell element shape. As the shape deviates from a perfect square, the mesh quality metrics such as Aspect Ratio and Skewness reduce from their ideal value.n 1D elements are not checked because every element is ideal. A two node beam element is always a straight line between two points.nViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
- A solver pivot warning or error has been detected
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.