Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Mesh not showing up after fluent setup

• howard_hw
      Subscriber

Hello, I was trying to use fluent 19.0 by directly opening it from workbench. However, the mesh did not show up and all the buttons in the fluent software were grey. Attached are the screenshots. Any suggestions? I would be grateful to any of them!

The computer had two graphics card, one from Intel and another is NVIDIA 940MX but I already set default graphics card to NVIDIA one.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Please export mesh from meshing using File --> Export. Export it in .msh format.

Open Fluent in standalone mode. i.e. go to windows start menu and type Fluent. Then open Fluent. 

Try to read that mesh in Fluent. 

Regards,

Keyur

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Moving this to installation category. 

Regards,

Keyur

• howard_hw
      Subscriber

thanks for the reply!

I did try this method before and it worked fine. So do you mean that I cannot directly open fluent from workbench and work from there? This would work but it would be difficult for me to further do post-processing etc. What's the problem exactly then? Is there a way to fix that? Thanks

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

It looks like Fluent hasn't read the mesh in as the draw is usually automatic and there's also no mesh data text in the TUI. Can you attach the mesh to another Fluent block (from Component systems): it should just be a WB glitch. 

• howard_hw
      Subscriber

thanks for ur reply

I also did try that before, however, it still didn't work and showed the same situation as above. 

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi howard_hw,

I wonder if this is related to your username that has non-english alphabets included.

Can you try creating a test user profile that only has English letters as well as making sure that your systems is using English language as default ?

Thank you,

Win

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Glad that standalone worked. 

As tsiriaks mentioned, please change username and update. 

Thanks!
      Regards,

Keyur

• howard_hw
      Subscriber

thanks, everyone! it turned out that it's the characters!

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Cool !

Thanks for the confirmation.

Win

• MLutfiFauzi
      Subscriber
      How to change username?
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.