May 22, 2023 at 6:37 pmalperen sevincSubscriber
We are conducting an analysis on solar still. We consider the gravitational direction as -9.81 in the Y direction. The geometry and coordinate axes are as shown in the figure.
1) What should be the mesh orientation? There are different opinions in the literature. I am asking this question to make sure.
2) For transient analysis, what should be the time step size and the total duration of the real analysis, and what do they depend on?
I would appreciate your assistance.
May 23, 2023 at 12:10 pmC NAnsys Employee
1) I would recommend you to use this orientation for the solar model.
2) For a transient analysis with a flow that must be calculated transiently: Make sure that a particle can be seen 10-20 times from inlet to outlet. Example: A 1-foot pipe with flow moving 1 ft/s needs a time step of between.05-.1. A solid in motion may also be a driving factor for a time step size.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.