Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Mesh problem

• jiaopu
      Subscriber

Hi, I am working on a UAV model. I have encountered mesh errors. Can anyone give me some advice to do the mesh?

I was following a youtube tutorial for UAV simulation. 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

What mesh errors?

• jiaopu
      Subscriber

Hi. thank you for your reply. 

I used default mesh settings and didn't do any modifications. 

Here is a list of my errors and warnings. 

• One or more surfaces or surface boundaries might not be oriented correctly.Project>Model>Geometry>Final Frame Simplified AS PART>Final Frame Simplified AS PART

• One or more entities failed to mesh. The mesh of the bodies containing these entities may not be up-to-date.  However, meshing might be successful on the other entities.Project>Model>Geometry>Final Frame Simplified AS PART>Final Frame Simplified AS PART

• One or more surfaces cannot be meshed with acceptable quality. Try using a different element size or virtual topology.Project>Model>Geometry>Final Frame Simplified AS PART>Final Frame Simplified AS PART

• One or more surfaces or surface boundaries might not be oriented correctly.Project>Model>Geometry>rightCCW>rightCCW

• One or more surfaces or surface boundaries might not be oriented correctly. Project>Model>Geometry>rightCCW>rightCCW  10:114 AM

• One or more entities failed to mesh. The mesh of the bodies containing these entities may not be up-to-date.  However, meshing might be successful on the other entities.Project>Model>Geometry>leftCW>leftCW

• One or more surfaces cannot be meshed with acceptable quality. Try using a different element size or virtual topology.Project>Model>Geometry>leftCW>leftCW

• One or more surfaces or surface boundaries might not be oriented correctly.Project>Model>Geometry>leftCW>leftCW

• Patch-conforming tetrahedral mesh failed because of duplicated faces in boundary mesh.Project>Model>Geometry>leftCW>leftCW

• A mesh could not be generated using the current meshing options and settings.Project>Model>Mesh

• jiaopu
      Subscriber

Hi. thank you for your reply. 

I used default mesh settings and didn't do any modifications. 

Here is a list of my errors and warnings. 

• One or more surfaces or surface boundaries might not be oriented correctly.Project>Model>Geometry>Final Frame Simplified AS PART>Final Frame Simplified AS PART

• One or more entities failed to mesh. The mesh of the bodies containing these entities may not be up-to-date.  However, meshing might be successful on the other entities.Project>Model>Geometry>Final Frame Simplified AS PART>Final Frame Simplified AS PART

• One or more surfaces cannot be meshed with acceptable quality. Try using a different element size or virtual topology.Project>Model>Geometry>Final Frame Simplified AS PART>Final Frame Simplified AS PART

• One or more surfaces or surface boundaries might not be oriented correctly.Project>Model>Geometry>rightCCW>rightCCW

• One or more surfaces or surface boundaries might not be oriented correctly. Project>Model>Geometry>rightCCW>rightCCW  

• One or more entities failed to mesh. The mesh of the bodies containing these entities may not be up-to-date.  However, meshing might be successful on the other entities.Project>Model>Geometry>leftCW>leftCW

• One or more surfaces cannot be meshed with acceptable quality. Try using a different element size or virtual topology.Project>Model>Geometry>leftCW>leftCW

• One or more surfaces or surface boundaries might not be oriented correctly.Project>Model>Geometry>leftCW>leftCW

• Patch-conforming tetrahedral mesh failed because of duplicated faces in boundary mesh.Project>Model>Geometry>leftCW>leftCW

• A mesh could not be generated using the current meshing options and settings.Project>Model>Mesh

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Looks like the geometry in video is different than the geometry you are trying to mesh. 

Suggest you to go through basic tutorials for mesh. 

You need to specify sizing for such geometries. Please do not use default sizing. 

Please go through help manual for more information. 

Regards,

Keyur

If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.