Fluids

Fluids

Mesh Quality Issue after inflation

• MES29
      Subscriber

Hi there,

I am having some trouble improving the mesh quality around a wheel I am modelling. I have added inflation layers to the model using the last ratio approach. I have a y+ value of 1 and a first layer thickness of 0.024mm. The wheel has a 1.5mm surface mesh on it as well. When I generate the mesh, the mesh quality of the wedge cells near the wheel are quite low << 0.1. I have tried refining the surface mesh but that has not helped. Is there a way to improve the transition from the prism layers to the tet cells? or a way to improve the mesh quality? given that the poor mesh is near the wall, I need to improve it as it is currently underestimating the drag force by quite a lot.

wheel geometry

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Your min orthogonal quality is 0.09. This is ok for Fluent. You can proceed to solver.nPlease go through help manual for more details nRegards,nKeyurnHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentnHow to show full resolution imagenGuidelines on the Student CommunitynHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student Communityn
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.