October 20, 2022 at 4:20 amKampanat ChengSubscriber
I have a problem that when i refine the mesh at the critical area of my design the max stress is multiplying so I am not sure that which one is correct With Refinement or Without refinement both average element quality is almost the same. I am not sure if it is stress singularity because i have already fillet the corner.
Hopefully somebody can help. Thank in advance
October 20, 2022 at 1:17 pm
October 20, 2022 at 11:47 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Refinement on the surface can be set to 1, 2 or 3.
Reply with the peak stress for no refinement, refinement 1, 2 and 3.
Look at the difference between each successive value of peak stress.
Are the differences getting smaller with each higher level of refinement or are they getting larger?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.