August 22, 2023 at 6:11 pmAngel Tovar MartinezSubscriber
Hi! This is my first post in a forum in quite some time. My problem is as follows:
I'm trying to model a PMSM (Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machine). I used RMxprt to create the motor and after validating and analysing it I created a 2D Maxwell design. Because Student Version doesn't support transient solutions, I changed it into Magnetostatic solution type. After doing the analysis setup, I ran the validation check and all was good. Then I ran de "analyze all" section and the mistake that popped is "Setup1: Mesh size (2412 surface elements) exceeded Ansys Electronics Desktop Student limit."
Because this problem seemed pretty obvious, I tried reducing the mesh size, but with no effective result regardless.
I asked ANSYS support if they knew what the limit regarding mesh size is but I was redirected here. Does anybody have any solution to this? Or is the only solution going to be purchasing an ANSYS license.
Below I'm going to add the error that pops out as well as the mesh properties I have changed.
August 24, 2023 at 7:33 amIvonne MartiAnsys Employee
In the Ansys Electronics Desktop Student Version | Free Software Download you can find the Mesh element count limit under Product restrictions (see image below).
If you want to reduce the number of mesh elements in your models I would suggest:
1. 1. Model only the minimum periodic symmetry (for example 1/8 of the machine)
2. 2. Specify the surface approximation in the Maxwell 2D/ Mesh/ Initial mesh settings.
I hope this helps you. Ivonne
August 24, 2023 at 2:57 pm
September 5, 2023 at 2:04 am
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- No license available at this time
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Your product license has numerical problem size limits…..
- Acoustics model in Ansys 18.1
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.