Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Meshing Errors and Warnings while refining the model

• Raj007
      Subscriber

Hello all,

I have a convergence and high-velocity problem in Fluent. So, I have decided to make the mesh finer and applied some refinement to some faces.

I got the following error and warnings, "One or more objects may have lost some scoping attachments during the geometry update. you can identify these tree objects by filtering the tree using the scoping option set to partial.

The selective body meshing is not being recorded, so the meshing may not be persistent on an update. If you want to record the order of the body meshing, please use the Mesh Worksheet to track the meshing steps. Please see Selective Meshing documentation for more details".

Thanks in advance

Raj

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

The warnings and errors look very generic. 

Did you get your mesh successfully? If so, you can ignore these messages. 

If the meshing has failed, you can right click on the error message and click on show problematic geometry. Then you can take corrective action at the locations pointed. You may need to modify geometry or add/modify meshing controls. 

Regards,

Keyur

If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

• Raj007
      Subscriber

Yeah, I have tried it. I have right-clicked on "Go to Object", but it shows the whole model.

Before I have refined the mesh, it had a successful mesh. But, I could not find the perfect results in Fluent. So, I decided to make the mesh finer on a particular part of the model.

And I ended up with those errors!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Those warnings are just to tell you that you're remeshing the whole domain in one go where previously you meshed some volumes manually first. The scoping error is less clear, when you try and mesh does it work, or does it fail?

• Raj007
      Subscriber

Hello rwoolhou,

I did not understand this "previously you meshed some volumes manually first.", can you brief it.

Yeah the mesh is failed

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

It means, you selected few bodies and then used right click and used option of generate mesh on selected bodies. 

While getting finer mesh, what changes you made? can you please insert some images of the model/mesh/mesh setup. 

Regards,

Keyur

If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.