Electronics

Electronics

Topics relate to HFSS, Maxwell, SIwave, Icepak, Electronics Enterprise and more

Meshing errors

• knnn
      Subscriber

Hi,

When I am running some mesh, on the messages portion of the screen I obtain a message saying "Critical features could not be preserved", but the simulation still continues on running. Could someone please tell me how impactful this message is? Does this mean my simulation would not complete running or run into error? What is the meaning of "Critical features could not be preserved"?

Thank you very much

• mgardner
      Subscriber

It sounds like the mesh is not able to represent some elements of your geometry.  This can often happen if you have very small features (relative to the size of the whole model).  These features may be something like a small object, a small hole in an object, a curve with a small radius, or a very small gap between objects.  How important this message is depends on how much you care about the fields near the small feature.  In most cases, these small features will not make a huge impact on macroscopic results, such as torque in an electric machine, but they may affect the field solutions close to the features.

If you don't care very much about the impact of these small features, you may be better off simplifying your geometry so that it does not contain these small features.  However, if you do care about the impact of these small features, you may need to specifically assign mesh operations to the small features to make sure that they are modeled with an adequately tight mesh.

• knnn
      Subscriber

Thank you very much, your answer helped a lot.

• gaoyang Gao
      Subscriber

When I run conduction emission simulation in HFSS,

error "[warning] Critical features could not be preserved correctly. [error] Surface Mesh Generation Failed. [error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine." was reported.

How can I solve it

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.