August 16, 2018 at 8:55 pmHamzaSubscriber
Hi, I made a drawing of an ROV as solidworks assembly and saved it as a part, combined it as one body and saved it as iges file format, and imported it to design modular, made an enclosure, did the boolean subtraction and then saved the project.
My problem is with opening the mesh tool: Whenever I try to open it this error appears : Unable to open file C:UsersHamza Ghaleb3_filesdp0globalMECHFFF.mshdb. Unable to get model.
Can someone please help me ?!
August 17, 2018 at 1:56 amSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Hamza, are you able to open the IGES file in SpaceClaim? Also, Can you confirm if this is not a file permission error and that a file exists at that location?
If everything looks ok, see if it helps to do this. Close ANSYS completely, Go to this folder from the file manager:
August 17, 2018 at 2:42 pmHamzaSubscriber
I tried to open the IGES file on SpaceCLaim and it worked, I also gave ANSYS folder full permission and made sure that a file exists at that location.
What I couldn`t do is to find the appdata folder. Sorry this might seem naive but I couldn`t find the folder on my computer ( Used Windows Search ).
Can you give me the details of how to teach that file ?
August 17, 2018 at 3:06 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
You would do it through a file explorer:
but it should have worked from windows search as well. %appdata% is an environment variable and maybe it is not properly defined on your computer? What OS and version are you using? See if you can go to this location and try the same:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- how to improve the inflation quality at sharp corners?
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- Meshing Error
- Error in meshing
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
- inflation created stairstep mesh at some location
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.