December 3, 2019 at 3:30 pmAlex1EDPSubscriber
I have developed a model with two different bodies, the geometry was developed using CREO Parametric, and then imported to Space Claim.
The geomtery comprises the dam on top and the foundation that was gereated using the dam as a starting point. I used the bottom surface of the dam to create foundation but in order to simulate the dam/foundation behaviour I need to insert these bodies separeted on ANSYS MECHANICAL.
Once on spaceclaim I used the Shared Topology function in order to get the same mesh betweeen the bodies, however this didn't work.
Can anyone help? How can I connect the mesh of the two bodies?
December 3, 2019 at 4:19 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
File, Archive and save a Workbench Project Archive .wbpz file. Attach that to your reply and say what version of ANSYS you are using. I will take a look.
December 3, 2019 at 4:25 pmAlex1EDPSubscriber
Thank you Peter.
I am using version 19.1.
December 3, 2019 at 4:54 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
I only have 19.2 available now so I can't send you back a file, I can show you what to fix.
The old way to do Share Topology is to click on the Components and look at the Properties.
The found_global is correct.
The Dam does not have Share, change that.
The top level Geom does not have Share, change that.
The new way to do Share topology is to go to the Workbench tab and click the Share button.
December 3, 2019 at 5:07 pmAlex1EDPSubscriber
Don't know how to thank you enough, it worked perfectly!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to move duplicated ansys project position in workbench GUI
- unable to open files in ansys
- Download MATLAB toolbox AnsysAAS
- An unknown error with memory occurred during solution.
- Error: Unable to open some designs in this project – Corrupted project files
- Desginpoints in Ansys 18.2 workbench got stuck at the stage of updating model in static structural
- ANSYS Multi field 2-way FSI data coupling issue
- Ansys solving system coupling problems on a remote cluster does not provide constant results.
- Material constant Damping calculation
- Different initial temperature conditions for two different object in transient-thermal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.