Fluids

Fluids

Meshing Options for self mesh

• Raj007
      Subscriber

Hello all,

I would like to know can we draw the desired mesh on the geometry in Ansys. I mean, is it possible, to create my own mesh by drawing over the face in Ansys meshing. So, that I can get my desired cell shape. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank you

Raj

• RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hello Raj What is the end goal of this? Why do you want to draw your own mesh? Have you considered adaptive sizing : https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v211/en/msh_tut/msh_tut_asf_adaptive.html?q=sizing
    • Raj007
      Subscriber
      Hello RK The end goal is to achieve perfect hexahedral mesh. I have been trying to apply different methods and sizings to get it. But I can found at least one element which is not hexahedral. So I wanted to try out my own mesh generation.
      Thank you
      Raj
    • Raj007
      Subscriber
      Hello Mr. RK Sorry for the late reminder. As there is no reply. Should I consider, that there are no manual meshing options in Ansys?
      Thank you
      Raj
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      There's no manual mesh but if you decompose a lot and use the mapped (face mesh) option you'll probably get all hex. The bigger question is why: most people use a mix of hex & tet or poly+hex in meshes now. I've not tried to force a block structured map mesh in over 15 years.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.