October 27, 2022 at 5:43 pmLeaGSubscriber
I am trying to mesh this membrane that you can see on the picture. It has 8 little cylinders on the sides and one in the center (radius 2um).
As you can see the meshing is not symetric, thus when trying to get the modal response of this membrane, it is not the response expected.
I am using a sweep method with the source selected as the top face of the membrane. There is also an edge sizing with 12 divisions on each little post.
On the 2 following pictures, you can see that the mesh is different around the little posts.
Does anybody happen to have an idea of the mesh parameters to change to have the same mesh around each little post?
October 28, 2022 at 10:07 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
I suggest you open the geometry in SpaceClaim, make 4 planes through the center between each leg and slice that up into 8 segments. Go to the Workbench tab and click the Share button to have the mesh be connected at the nodes on the cut planes.
If this is a thin membrane, did you consider using a surface and shell elements instead of sweeping solid elements?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.