Electronics

Electronics

meshing problem

• omiduga
      Subscriber

Hi,

I have a problem with the simulation of a high Q resonator in HFSS.

I assigned one port to the exciter to see S11 value.

I did length based meshing on the resonator.

1- When I choose the adaptive meshing's frequency to the resonance frequency of the resonator, it gives me a different response of S11 than when I choose the highest frequency in the adaptive meshing's frequency.

Which response is true?!!!

2- When I decrease the mesh size in the length based meshing, it changes the resonance frequency!!!!

• 3Asif
      Subscriber

Hi Omiduga,

I see that you have another question on the resonator. Please see the other answer as well -that will give you insight why the higher frequency mesh is not always the better choice. (in single sentence: you need to have enough power to calculate significant delta in S)

1. For frequency selective application like this one, it may be better to go with resonant frequency than a random higher frequency. (e.g. Meshing 2.4GHz resonator at 50GHz may not be a good idea -the mesh can get too relaxed in adaptive passes)

2. Length based: the length based one has the risk of having lighter mesh in the places where you need it. And, you carry the risk of having less than required mesh density.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.