Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Meshing spinning cylinder with sharp edge geometry

• ndvp
      Subscriber

Hi everyone,

I am new to meshing on Ansys workbench. I am trying to mesh this geometry with an inflation layer. I am trying to improve my meshing for this geometry as the mesh I have created has a low element quality. May I know some suggestions to improve this mesh? (The wall of the model is spinning; the two blades and middle block are stationery).

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Is this fluid region?nFor fluid, please check min orthogonal quality. The min should be above 0.1. nThere is some stairstepping done with inflation. Please use different inflation method and reduce first height of inflation to avoid stairstepping. Please also refine surface mesh at those places. Plus use patch confirming tet method for all bodies. Do not use combination of hex and tet. It is creating pyramids and then it is creating stairstepping. nPlease go through help manual for more details nRegards,nKeyurnHow to access Ansys Online Help DocumentnHow to show full resolution imagenGuidelines on the Student CommunitynHow to use Google to search within Ansys Student Communityn
    • ndvp
      Subscriber
      Thank you very much! This helped a lot.n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.