Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Meshing step for centrifugal pump

• eim0911
      Subscriber

Hey there I hope you guys all doing good. I got a projet to finish for the 16 of July and am still working on the meshing of my centrifugal pump designed on solidworks. I tried so many times to get a good mesh but still don’t get it. I can see that there is many option on the meshing tool but don’t know which one gonna fit correctly on my pump cause when I get the file to fluent and check my quality mesh it always say minimum orthogonal quality 0.01. I wanna know how can I improve my standard meshing ?

• RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,
      You can use the watertight workflow in Fluent Meshing. To improve the quality, consider adding local sizing, if need be, also insert surface and volume improve tasks.
    • eim0911
      Subscriber
      Do the name selection help with something in the meshing ?
    • RK
      Ansys Employee
      Yes, they do. It's best you do that in the geometry setup.
    • eim0911
      Subscriber
      How does it help ? I did do it just randomly and canÔÇÖt see the difference. Do you mean each named selection need to me meshed separately ?
    • eim0911
      Subscriber
      please how can i make two different part from one part ? i have 3 part but i want four for the impellerpipeinlet , impellerpipeoutlet , volutepipeinlet and the volute pipeoutlet
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      You might learn something from this discussion: https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/709/meshing-centrifugal-pump
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.