TAGGED: adaptive-mesh, fluid-flow-fluent
March 30, 2018 at 10:39 am
March 30, 2018 at 11:23 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Change the Size Function to Adaptive or Uniform.
March 31, 2018 at 6:50 am
March 31, 2018 at 3:35 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
If you are meshing 3D solid elements, then it is impossible to have the max face size equal to the max size. For example, if you are meshing with a hex element, and set the max face size, then you can have an element where each face is 1 mm by 1 mm, but the element size is square root of 3, because it goes across the diagonal.
Are you meshing 2D or 3D shell meshes only? Then the max element size will equal the max face size.
Why is this important?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.