October 26, 2020 at 5:13 amRaniaSubscriberOctober 28, 2020 at 12:42 pmJohn DoyleAnsys EmployeeIf you switch frictional to bonded and switch out the soil material with linear elastic (as a test), does that solve? If not, what is the error message? If bonded solves with the soil, maybe you need larger pinball radius for frictional contact along with many more substeps and turn on unsymmetric solver (NROPT,unsym). If bonded fails with soil, perhaps your soil material model needs work. I am assuming that all the nodes at the base (soil and micropile) are fully fixed, but that is not clear to me. nNovember 23, 2020 at 10:11 pmRaniaSubscriberthanks for your comments, I run a linear analysis with bonded contact, the model run successfully, I run the model again with large pinball radius, and i still get the same errors, I appreciate your suggestionsnViewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.