March 22, 2020 at 9:55 pmnrj0025Subscriber
I have recently downloaded Ansys and was trying to do some static structural analysis on Nitinol SMA. I couldn't find nitinol as a material in the database so I have been trying to follow a tutorial that I had found for implementing nitinol data to create it. But the tutorial requires adding alternating stress mean stress data but I seem to not have that as an option under the life tab when creating new material. So I was wondering if there is an option to add it or if it is an option that is lacking in the student version of Ansys.
March 26, 2020 at 1:51 amKarthik RAdministrator
Moving this question to the Structural Mechanics page in the hope that your question finds some visibility.
March 26, 2020 at 3:31 pmWenlongAnsys Employee
Here is the SMA material reference:https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v201/en/ans_mat/smas.html?q=SMA
Can you please explain what alternating stress and mean stress is and why they are needed to define SMA? I don't recall an SMA material model need such information. Here are the inputs needed for Shape memory effect. If you are to model the superelasticity, then you need a different set of inputs.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.