Fluids

Fluids

Missing bodies when switching from spaceclaim to workbench

• sh ga
      Subscriber

Hello Friends,

I am using Ansys 18 and same version for the space claim. I modeled one assembly in spaceclaim and when i switch to the workbech window and update the geometry, some parts are not generated in the workbench. I am attaching the screen shots here.Visible bodies in spaceclaim

Missing bodies in workbench

If i export this assembly as a step file and import this same file in step format, then workbench generates the missing bodies but i have created some mid surfaces and with step file, it looses the data of the face thickness. Can somebody help me with this? Thank you.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Please create a Workbench Project Archive .wbpz file and attach it to your reply so we can see your file.  Are you on 18.0 or 18.2?

• sh ga
      Subscriber

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your answer. I am using ANSYS 18.0. I solved this issue by renaming the components and somehow it worked and workbench generated all the parts. The parts you saw in the attachment, i have 8 same supporting structures in the assembly. Is it possible to copy and translate the mesh? Is there any faster way to generate mesh for similar component? 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.