General Mechanical

General Mechanical

missing faces when importing deformed body

• rakeshpe43
      Subscriber

Hi,

I did a structural simulation and the solution is connected to another structural tree to export the deformed body into pmdb. Finally I opened in Geometry modeler and exported to x_t. But when I export, the parasolid file have only surfaces and lot of faces are missing as in the picture

• 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      Could you try exporting in a different file format like STEP or IGES and see if that works? If that doesn't work could you import the pmdb file into spaceclaim instead of design modeler and check?
      Regards Ishan.
    • rakeshpe43
      Subscriber
      Thanks for the suggestion.
      I have already tried with STEP and the issue remains same and I am not licensed to use spaceclaim .
      May be the ansys couldnt derive the curvature shape after deformation.
      Regards
      rakesh
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      When you connect the solution cell of the first to the model of the second and then open the second analysis, is the geometry defect free?
      Regards.
    • rakeshpe43
      Subscriber
      yes I Dont see any problem without deformation. Sometimes when I try different deformation some other faces are missing.
      Regards
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      Could you post an image showing mesh of the deformed geometry and along with the defective geometry highlighting areas where faces are missing. "Finally I opened in Geometry modeler and exported to x_t" - when you opened the geometry in design modeler did you see any missing faces. Or was it after the export?
      Regards Ishan.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.