Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Mixing fluids from separate zones not intermixing

• Patrickodon
      Subscriber

Hi lads/ladies,

I'm mixing two fluids in a process very similar to the Eulerian Multiphase Granular tutorial (not sure where it is online to link, sorry), but I can't get my different surfaces to interact with each other. I have a thin layer of calcium on top, which I'm trying to mix with a cylinder of Hydrogel via a stirrer bar at the bottom.

I've tried multiple times on Inventor and DesignModeler. My latest iteration has been to create three surface patches on Inventor, import as a STEP file into Ansys, create three surfaces in DesignModeler, then create Named Selections in Mesh:

In Fluent, I then change the Type-Wall of the Named Selections to Type-Interface:

(I've tried creating a Wall all around my part, and Interfaces where I want the fluids mixing)

but then come across a variety of issues:

(Second image is error when I try to Run Calculation)

What do I need to do to "Assign" the interfaces?

When I was initially running the solution, before adding Interfaces, the model would run fine, but not mix (presumably as I had Walls instead of Interfaces). I'm at my wit's end with this, any help is hugely appreciated.

• Vivek Praveen
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Patrickodon,

Take a look at this tutorial:
      This can explain how to create interfaces in a moving mesh framework. 

Also, have a look at this approach:
    • Murari Iyengar
      Ansys Employee

Hi Patrickodon, 

You will get this message when there is a border where no interface has been set. Please check your mesh thoroughly once more. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.