Fluids

Fluids

Mixing of Fluid inside a Bioreactor course

• Laia Miranda Garrido
      Subscriber

Hi,

I have been trying to do the Mixing of Fluid inside a Bioreactor course (https://courses.ansys.com/index.php/courses/fluids-in-healthcare/lessons/bio-reactor/) with my own bioreactor design. However,I only observe a difference of colors in the impeller and the shaft, while the plane stays in the same colour. I would expect something like what ansys show but I don't know where the problem may be. Could someone help? Thank you in advance.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Are you following the steps desribed in the video?

• Laia Miranda Garrido
        Subscriber

Yes, I am. If I do it with Ansys files I obtain exactly the same result. The problem is when I use my own design. In this last case I only obtain the colormap results in the bodies, whereas there is nothing or almost nothing in the plane-surfaces or iso-surfaces.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

So you need to add more details about your cases: number of zones, rotating/static. et cetera.

Pretty sure you have a mistake in the setup. In the "blue" plane a plane crossing the static zone? Can you just plot the velocity on that plane?

• Laia Miranda Garrido
      Subscriber

Hi, everything is the same from the example: zones, rotation... Here is an image of the two planes crossing.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

So if everything is the same so why you do not have reasonable fields? Can you please go again through the setup to identify anything you did miss. Aslo start by looking into your mesh and if you have two different fluid cell zones  one rotating and one stationary.

• Laia Miranda Garrido
        Subscriber

Okay, thanks. Can I know how do you create fluid_mrf and fluid_tank in that case?

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

That should be done at the pre-processing step: The geometry should be split in two volumetric domains and then you share the topology to avoid creation of non-conformal interfaces. Please have a look into the the very first set of Standard Ansys Fluent Tutorials :)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.