General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Modal acoustic analysis

• dardhruv
      Subscriber

Hello,

I want to do some modal acoustic analysis on a silicon membrane as an acoustic region, I would like to consider two cases 1. Water or any fluid 2. Air. I actually tried for that but I am not able to Define FSI Interaction (Shows Question mark). The outer periphery is fixed and already considered as a structural.  My aim is to find out resonance frequency and mode shapes.

Thickness of membrane: 1um

Diameter of the membrane : 30um

I don't find any tutorial related to modal acoustic analysis. I have attached my file along with this discussion.

Does someone have experience in Modal acoustic analysis? I have gone through all workshop but I didn't find a solution. 

Download link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4kvi5ntmh7h1f0/modal%20acoustic.rar?dl=0&file_subpath=%2Fmodal+acoustic

Thanks.

Kind regards

Dhruv

• dardhruv
      Subscriber

please reply to this post 

• HankisComing
      Subscriber

• dardhruv
      Subscriber

Hello Sir, 

Thank you so much for your reply. I was waiting for so long time but no one replies to me back. I found that in this video they use one-way FSI coupling. But my Actual task is to design CMUT(Capacitive micromachined ultrasonic transducer). For that, I think I need Two-way coupling. right? In that, I have to define surrounded fluid medium and underneath of the moving membrane, there is one fixed substrate. I am trying to redo one research paper. Link of that research paper: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=6377396. Could you please help me how to do this?

Thanks and regards,

Dhruvin

• Gumang
      Subscriber
      hey Dhruvin, ni am looking for ways to perform modal analysis of a beam in water. Is using modal acoustic analysis system the right way? I was planning to create a beam and then enclose it with the fluid. next I would have to define the FSI. but I didnt find a way to do that for my problem. n looks like you have worked on something similar. so could you please help me with this.nThanks and regards nUmang n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.