June 6, 2020 at 6:14 amharsfSubscriber
July 17, 2020 at 2:59 pmMauroSubscriber
you did Modal analysis which supports only structural bodies, for tank filled with liquid you should be doing Modal Acoustic analysis instead which supports structural and acoustic bodies. Apply Physics region on tank and Acoustic region on Liquid volume, make sure to delete viscosity from liquid material properties.
Make sure to insert Fluid Solid Interface on Liquid volume, so interactions between tank shell and liquid are also considered. I would also recommend modelling tank with surface elements (Shell elements in Ansys) instead of solid 3D; it will save you a lot of trouble with meshing, analysis will be quicker and more accurate.
It should look something like on this picture.
I hope it helps,
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.