April 12, 2022 at 5:58 pmcpgeagadirSubscriber
I wanted to do a MSUP transient analysis with a frequency range between 0 and 50 HZ, but the problem that in the modal analysis I find almost zero frequencies (below 0.2 Hz). While to do MSUP analysis I have to choose the frequency lower than 1.5 times that obtained by the modal analysis. Is this correct. If not someone correct me because I am lost on this point.
Thanks in advanceApril 13, 2022 at 7:29 amVinayak VipradasAnsys Employee
If you perform Free Free Modal Analysis i.e., a Modal Analysis without any boundary conditions, you will get zero natural frequencies as the structure will be allowed to have rigid motion in all 6 DOFs in three-dimensional space without any excitation.
For MSUP Transient, natural frequency in Modal solution is used for calculation of Time Step Size in Transient analysis. Time Step Size should be small enough to accurately capture the transient response of the structure. Typically, the time step size for MSUP Transient is calculated as 1/10 * period of the highest frequency of interest from the Modal solution. So, if we could excite that frequency, in a time history, we would have 10 time steps, and hence a trace of the response would be smooth.
Please let me know if this answers your question.
Rules & Guidelines ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum
April 13, 2022 at 9:56 pmcpgeagadirSubscriberDear Vinayak, I used BCs as you can see in the joint photo. Please I had another question I wanted to model a concentrated load on each wheel with the wheel moving at a speed of 60 km2/h I do explicit analysis but it didn't work. I find that the error due to nodal force that I defined. what should I do at this point?
Thanks in adavance
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Large deflection
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags