March 24, 2020 at 12:57 amShahzaibAliSubscriber
I have been working on Modal Analysis of a concrete foot bridge. I am getting different results to the experiments conducted on that very bridge to determine its natural frequencies. I have been applying various boundary conditions on it but results dont change. I added damping into it as well as per design requirements. Later, I realized that it is a simply supported I tried applying that boundary condition but simply supported boundary condition appears to be grey and I cant select it.
March 24, 2020 at 12:13 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Please use the Insert Image button to include a screen snaphot of your geometry.
Simply Supported does not apply to faces. You can get the effect of simply supported by using a Remote Displacement. Set the translations fixed and leave some or all of the rotations Free.
March 25, 2020 at 2:45 pm
March 25, 2020 at 5:22 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Please describe in detail what was experimentally measured on the bridge. Where exactly were the measurements made? Show a photograph. How was the bridge exited so there was something to measure? Show a photograph. What kind of instrumentation was used? What was the sampling frequency?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.