General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Modal Analysis of a concrete Foot bridge

• ShahzaibAli
      Subscriber

Hi 

I have been working on Modal Analysis of a concrete foot bridge. I am getting different results to the experiments conducted on that very bridge to determine its natural frequencies. I have been applying various boundary conditions on it but results dont change. I added damping into it as well as per design requirements. Later, I realized that it is a simply supported I tried applying that boundary condition but simply supported boundary condition appears to be grey and I cant select it. 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Please use the Insert Image button to include a screen snaphot of your geometry.

Simply Supported does not apply to faces.  You can get the effect of simply supported by using a Remote Displacement. Set the translations fixed and leave some or all of the rotations Free.

• ShahzaibAli
      Subscriber

Well that's the geometry it is a simply supported bridge and I got a difference of 50% in experimental and FEM values.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Please describe in detail what was experimentally measured on the bridge. Where exactly were the measurements made? Show a photograph.  How was the bridge exited so there was something to measure? Show a photograph. What kind of instrumentation was used?  What was the sampling frequency?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.