March 11, 2022 at 9:09 amCheerla_ganeshSubscriber
I'm running a modal Analysis, I have fixed at some bolting locations where motor is mounting, i have extracted 10 modes
but my first mode i was getting 0Hz.
In the motor i have modelled bearing by adding Stiffness using contacts.
But why first frequency is 0 HZ
Could you please help me in thisMarch 11, 2022 at 12:27 pmjonsolnSubscriberA 0Hz mode means rigid body motion. You need to double check your connections and boundary condition. The deformation plot should show you which part and in which direction it is moving.
March 11, 2022 at 12:33 pmAniketAnsys EmployeeThanks ! You are absolutely right! Animating first mode deformation results along with the details will provide which body is underconstrained.
Please see if the following course is useful to you:
Topics in Modal Analysis - ANSYS Innovation Courses
How to access Ansys help links
Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum
March 23, 2022 at 5:33 amCheerla_ganeshSubscriberThanks a lot clearing the doubt,I have got the result
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.