December 26, 2022 at 5:21 pmILYA GiriSubscriber
I am performing modal analysis of a rubber which is limited on the sides by steel strips and has frictionless contacts between them.
Also, the rubber is loaded 20 kg above and has displacement with limit vertical movement.
When I play animation I see that the rubber goes into 2 of 4 steel strips (the last pic below). Other 2 strips it gets around well.
Mesh is pretty fine I guess.
Could you please tell me what I do wrong?
December 26, 2022 at 9:08 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Insert a Contact Tool under the Connections folder and check if that contact is closed.
December 27, 2022 at 6:17 pm
December 27, 2022 at 6:32 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Try the following on the contacts that failed.
- Flip the Target-Contact sides on the contacts that are failing.
- Increase the Pinball Radius on the contacts that are failing.
- Change the Behavior to MPC which allows you to visualize the contact elements after the solution when you click on the Solution Information and click on the Graphics tab (after the screen flips to the Worksheet tab).
- If all that fails, open the geometry in SpaceClaim and use the Share button on the Workbench tab to create Shared Topology, then delete all the Contacts.
December 29, 2022 at 5:16 pmILYA GiriSubscriber
Ok. Thank you. I will try it.
January 9, 2023 at 6:25 amILYA GiriSubscriber
Could MPC be used only with bonded contact? When I set up MPC with frictionless it lights yellow and contact has question mark.
January 9, 2023 at 7:15 am
January 9, 2023 at 1:43 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
I missed that you wanted frictionless contact between the rubber and steel. Shared Topology is like Bonded contact. MPC is only for Bonded Contact.
Frictionless contact is converted to No Separation in Modal if the contact is closed. Make sure the Pinball radius is large enough so that all the nodes are closed.
January 9, 2023 at 6:42 pm
January 9, 2023 at 9:40 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
That looks good. Ansys automatically chooses which way to set the Target/Contact side and makes the opposite Inactive.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.