November 12, 2020 at 5:54 pmKerberSubscriberI am using 19.2 Workbench and i am surprised that SuperNode is not a default solver for this analysis. I used program controlled setting and i am not sure what would be a default solver.nAfter opting for supernode solver my time to solve a 2 millions element model (using 16 cpu cores) dropped from 8.9hrs to 0.4hrs!! difference between program controlled and supernode was only 0.01HRZ. WOW!n
November 17, 2020 at 12:31 pmAniketAnsys EmployeePlease check the following page if you have not already:nTypically, the following conditions must be met for the Supernode eigensolver to be most efficient:nThe model is a good candidate for using the sparse solver in a similar static or full transient analysis (that is, the model is dominated with beams/shells or has a thin structure).nThe number of requested modes is greater than 200.nThe beginning frequency input via MODOPT is zero (or near zero).n-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.