TAGGED: #Modal_Analysis, deformation, mechanical, scripting
March 28, 2023 at 12:45 amBrett DSubscriber
I've got a Modal analysis where I've solved for the first 6 modes and I've extracted the deformation for each one. Pretty standard so far. I'm looking to add the mode shape deflections together.
Basically I want to create a result/user defined result (I think):
My_result = 0.1*(Deformation of Mode1) + 0.3*(Deformation of Mode2)
Something like that....
March 28, 2023 at 9:38 amAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
If the deformations look to be in same direction then you can add them using the user defined results (as indicated above) or solution combination:
Solution & Load Combination in ANSYS - Bing video
March 29, 2023 at 10:25 pmBrett DSubscriber
Hey thanks for that. I checked out the video, that isn't quite what I'm after.
Could you explain how I would add the deformations? What is likely to be the case is one mode shape will deform one part of the structure and subsequent mode shapes will deform different parts. i want to combine them so I can export it as one STL
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.